How Do You Ask For Accommodations Or Help?
An accommodation is a change you need at work so you can do a better job.
The Americans with Disabilities Act is a law that says that many people who have a disability can have the types of accommodations they need.
Think about the kinds of accommodations you might need:
- Do you need to change the space where you work?
- Do you need help to know what to do when you finish a task?
- Do you need a calculator or other help measuring or counting?
- Do you work better with written or spoken instructions?
- Do you need technology to help you to read, write, or do a better job?
Accommodations may be different for every worker.
For more information about accommodations, please visit the Job Accommodation Network