Cell Phone Safety
There are tips for being your best and staying safe while using your phone.
- Do not take cell phone pictures that are sexual. It is very easy for the wrong person to see these pictures. Think about how you would feel if these types of pictures get sent around to many people
- Give out your phone number only to people that you trust
- Remember that your texts, photos, videos are saved even when you have deleted them
- Do not text, email, or use social media while you are driving.
- Don’t reply to text messages from someone you don’t know
- If someone sends you a mean or inappropriate message or picture, tell someone you trust.
- Lock your phone’s keypad. Don’t give anyone the pin or password. This will prevent people from getting into your phone and reading messages or sending messages
- You should not be making personal calls or texts at work, or using the internet on your phone, unless it is your break time.
- Don’t let strangers use your phone. If someone is having an emergency, you can offer to call for help for them, but don’t hand them your phone.