What Your School Can Do
Your high school can and should be doing a lot to help you transition into a job after you graduate. Some of the activities that your school can do are to:
- Teach you skills so you can work and live independently
- Help you look for jobs that you may be good at doing
- Ask you questions about what you would like to do for a job
- Help you find out what you are good at
- Help you explore jobs by visiting businesses and trying out jobs.
For more information about what your school can do, visit the National Technical Assistance Center on Transition (NTACT). Encourage your teachers and staff to visit as well!
If you are told that you can't work or have a job, go here to see what you can do.
For more information about colleges, go to www.thinkcollege.net and explore the "For Students" pages and watch the videos and slides.