Safe and Feeling Good While Learning
Try It - Breathe in slowly, counting 1-2-3, hold for a second, and then slowly breathe out to the counting 1-2-3.
If you become upset at any time while going through these lessons, there are ways you can help yourself feel better.
- Breathe - One way to help yourself relax is to stop what you’re doing. Take a slow, deep breath in through your nose. Now breathe out slowly through your nose.
- Paper and Pen - Draw or doodle
- Hands - Sometimes it is helpful to have something in your hands that you can squeeze or roll back and forth in your hands. Sometimes this is called a stress ball.
- Exercise - Stretch! Move around! Exercise is another great way to feel better when you’re by yourself or with other people.
- Water - Grab and drink and take a sip! Sometimes people mouths get dry when they are scared or upset, so feel free to take a drink of water at any time.
- Get connected - It can also help to connect with people.
- Ask for help - If you need help, ask someone that you are close to. This could be a parent, sibling, friend, teacher, support person, etc.
When you are finished with this training, you will have the power to be healthy and safe in your community!
Remember: Speak Up and Stay Safe!