Rules and Laws about Alcohol
Rules and laws tell us what we can and cannot do. Many rules and laws help to keep people safe. Laws are rules that are written by the government and must be obeyed. Some rules are made by other people in the community, like families, agencies, and business owners.
If people do not obey rules and laws, there are consequences. Consequences could be getting in trouble with the law, getting hurt or hurting someone else, or losing rights and privileges.
The following are Rules and Laws about Alcohol:
- You have to be at least 21 years old to buy or drink alcohol
- You cannot give alcohol to someone under age 21
- You have to be 19 to serve alcohol if that is part of your job
- You cannot drink alcohol and drive
- Many work places have rules about drinking or being drunk at work