How to be Safe with Alcohol
Here are some ways to be safe with alcohol:
- If you aren’t sure if a drink has alcohol in it, you can read the label, ask the bartender or server of the restaurant, or ask someone you trust.
- If you are younger than 21 years old, you cannot drink alcohol because it is illegal.
- Alcohol can be dangerous if you take some kinds of medication. Talk to your doctor before you drink alcohol if you take medication.
- Do not accept alcoholic drinks from strangers.
- Pay attention to how much you drink.
- Drinking too much alcohol over time can make you sick. You can have problems with your brain, your liver, and your stomach.
- Drinking too much can also impact your ability to make decisions. You may make bad choices if you drink too much alcohol.
- Alcohol can change your personality and cause you to make decisions you wouldn’t normally make.
- Don’t drink alcohol if you are going to drive.
- Don’t drink at work or go to work drunk.
- Follow the rules and laws about alcohol.