Emotions and Expressions
Take a look at these pictures of expressions and emotions. Can you find a picture that shows how you feel?
What are some examples of feelings you can see in these pictures?
Who do you share your feelings with?
Why do you share your feelings with this person?
If someone is doing or saying something that's making you feel funny or uncomfortable, what could you say? Choose any option below.
- Nope, not okay.
- TMI or Too Much Information!
- Whoa, hold on, not cool!
- This doesn't feel right. I'm outta here.
Practice calming yourself. Choose one option below.
- Take a deep breath through your nose and let your lungs fill with air, then exhale slowly. Try this 3 times.
- Use a stress ball. Take that in your hand and simply squeeze it. Try that 3 times.
- Close your eyes and think of being in a place that you love. Think of that place for 30 seconds with your eyes closed.
- Pick up a pen and some paper and draw a circle or square, doodle, or color.
- Find a picture of a person, place, or thing that makes you feel happy and safe. Look at the picture when you’re feeling stressed.